Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: computer help

  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    computer help

    ok, so I have a spyware, malware or some kind of issue. From some facebook application, I was infected witih Desktop Defender 2010... I've ran numerous spyware, virus, etc checks and it will not remove it. Desktop defender has been deleted, but the spyware/spam, just won't go away. It's posing as a Windows "Security Center", and I cannot find where to delte it, uninstall it, anything...
    any help?

    I've used Malwayre Bytes, Spyware Doctor, Avast, AntiSuperSpyware

  2. #2
    Inactive Member red66's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    433
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: computer help

    Have you tried a system restore? Restore it to a day before you installed the application.

    I know you can do this with Vista. I can't remember if you can do it with XP or not.

    Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: computer help

    It's cut off my windows security protection, and I went to do a restore and it said I hadn't ever created a restore point and this computer is 3 years old.

    Wow.. this thing has screwed up my system....
    it just keeps popping up that I have viruss, etc, but it's all fake security things

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: computer help

    Usually whenever I have Spyware, I use a combination of Spybot S&D and AdAware (Free Version) to remove all traces of it. Both of those are pretty popular and are usually powerful enough to detect and remove just about anything that's giving you problems. Just make sure you download the latest updates before you do a scan!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member fleahop's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2007
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: computer help

    Had same problem year or so ago I found program called HijackThis and with it and SpyBot got my computer fixed

  6. #6
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: computer help

    Thanks guys. I'll try those when I get home. It operates fine in safe mode, but normal mode is shot

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: computer help

    You got to be careful when trolling those Mexican donkey porn sites.


    mcafee stinger Is a free anti spyware program it does a pretty good job of removing harmful stuff.

    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
    GO VOLS

  8. #8
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: computer help

    another good one try is SPYWARE TERMINATOR
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •